How to Apply
The application for Fall 2020 admission is now available.
To apply for Georgetown University’s M.A. Asian Studies Program, applicants will need to submit the following materials:
- Georgetown University Graduate School Online Application
- Academic Writing Sample (10-15 pages)
- Statement of Purpose (500-700 words)
- Two to Three Letters of Recommendation
- Upload Unofficial Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended to your online application.
- Official Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) GRE Code: 5244; GMAT Code: JT7-GJ-96)
Please note: Applicants taking the GRE in December 2019 or early January 2020 may submit an unofficial screenshot of their digital GRE scores from the ETS website along with their full and complete application by January 15th. This is to accommodate official scores that may arrive to Georgetown after the application closes.
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores (International Applications Only; Georgetown University’s TOEFL score reporting code is: 5244; The mailing address for IELTS score reports can be found under Official Test Results.)
- Resume or CV
- Application Fee
- Applicants must have one year of university level language training in an Asian language, with a grade of B or above
The application deadline for Fall 2020 admission is January 15, 2020.