How to Apply
Access the application for Fall 2023 admission.
To apply for Georgetown University’s M.A. Asian Studies Program, applicants will need to submit the following materials:
- Georgetown University Graduate School Online Application
- Academic Writing Sample (10-15 pages)
- Statement of Purpose (500-700 words)
- Two to Three Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- (Recommended, but not required) Official Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). GRE Code: 5244; GMAT Code: JT7-GJ-96.
Please note: Applicants taking the GRE in December 2022 or early January 2023 may submit an unofficial screenshot of their digital GRE scores from the ETS website along with their full and complete application by January 15th. This is to accommodate official scores that may arrive to Georgetown after the application closes.
- TOEFL/IELTS Scores (International Applications Only; Georgetown University’s TOEFL score reporting code is: 5244; The mailing address for IELTS score reports can be found under Official Test Results.)
- Applicants must have one year of university level language training in an Asian language, with a grade of B or above
- Resume or CV
- Application Fee*
The priority application deadline for Fall 2023 admission with scholarship consideration is January 15, 2023.
The application deadline for Fall 2023 admission without scholarship consideration is April 1, 2023.
*We offer application fee waivers for applicants who meet one of the following criteria:
- AmeriCorps Alumni
- Foreign Fulbright Scholars
- Graduates of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs)
- McNair Scholars
- Payne Fellows
- Pickering Fellows
- PPIA Fellows and Participants
- Rangel Fellows and Scholars
- Truman Scholars
To inquire about a fee waiver, please email email@example.com. A request must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the application deadline. If granted, you will not have to add any payment details to submit your application. We only waive application fees; we do not reimburse for fees already paid.