The Georgetown Journal of Asian Affairs, the flagship annual publication of the Asian Studies Program, is pleased to release Volume 6 titled Identity Struggles in Asia: Ethnicity, Nationalism, and Interstate Rivalry. In this volume, the authors address Asia’s identity politics and how nationalism has shaped rivalries in the region. Click below to read the articles.
- The Civil Society Roots of BJP’s Majoritarian Nationalism – Soundarya Chidambaram
- Ethnoreligious Nationalism and Majoritarianism in Asia – Jeff Kingston
- Reactionary Nationalism and Democratic Development in Myanmar and Japan – Apichai W. Shipper
- Far-Right Politics and Indigenous Ainu Activism in Japan – Thisanka Siripala
- Japan’s Right-Wing Women and the “Comfort Women” Issue – Tomomi Yamaguchi
- Betraying Big Brothers: Comparing Civic Nationalism in Taiwan and Post-Euromaidan Ukraine – Wei (Josh) Luo
- Preparing for Sky Wars: Evaluating the Airpower of China vis-à-via ASEAN – Eugene Yong & James W. Tong
- Chinese Nationalism and Neo-Maoism – Jude Blanchette
- Chinese Foreign Policy and U.S.-China Relations – Jessica Chen Weiss
- Racial Politics and Policymaking in East Asian Democracies – Erin Aeran Chung
- Clientalism, Institutional Change, and Civil Society Activism in Malaysia – Meredith L. Weiss
For more information about the Georgetown Journal of Asian Affairs, please visit the Publications page on the Asian Studies website.