The Georgetown Journal of Asian Affairs is now accepting manuscripts for Volume 4, Number 2 (Summer 2018). Submissions will be considered on a rolling basis until April 6, 2018.
Notice to Contributors
*Before submitting an article for consideration, please carefully review the Journal's aims and scope.
Articles submitted to the Journal must not be plagiarized, copyrighted, or under review elsewhere.
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com as MS Word documents. Please do not submit in PDF format. Authors should include a short bio in the email text, but must avoid any self-identification in the manuscript as we send our articles out for anonymous review.
- Document: Manuscripts must be typewritten and double-spaced in Microsoft Word, with 1-inch/2.5-centimeter margins on all sides.
- Length: Manuscripts should be 5,000-9,000 words in length.
- Font: Please use Times New Roman, 12-point size.
- Style: Authors must follow the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th ed.
- Citations: All citations must be formatted as footnotes. Please also include a full bibliography at the end.
- Abstract: Authors must include an abstract (100-200 words) that effectively and concisely summarizes his/her study.
The Journal reserves the right to accept or reject submissions. Due to a high volume of submissions, we are unable to send every manuscript out for external review.
By submitting content to the Journal, the author agrees to transfer of copyright and must not send the manuscript to elsewhere until a final decision is released.
The Journal operates with the following editorial process:
- All submissions are subject to anonymous initial screening by the Editorial Board. Manuscripts that violate the Journal's submission guidelines specified above, lack sophisticated social science research design, exhibit notable grammatical and/or stylistic mistakes, rely on inappropriate sources, and/or carry no relevance to contemporary Asian affairs are rejected at this point.
- Manuscripts that pass the initial screening are sent to faculty and external reviewers. Typically, this anonymous review process takes about 4-6 weeks. Articles approved by the Journal's reviewers are tentatively accepted for publication, conditioned on the proper revision of the piece along the lines suggested by both the reviewers and editors. Please note that publication is not fully guaranteed until such revisions are made and approved by the Journal's editors.
- Editorial exchanges occur between the editors and the authors in order to improve the argument, structure, and style of the articles.
- Copy edited drafts are submitted to the Editor-in-Chief for final review.
Please send all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.